Thursday, May 21, 2009

Breaking Tradition

Is it intuition that I'm doomed, or do I just FEEL that way? I spent the better part of the day convinced that I was going to die today and not make it home or maybe just be partially dead. I made sure that when I left the house I was wearing matching socks with no holes, underwear that would not embarrass my mother - you get the idea.

Left the house with no dirty dishes, no business undone. Wouldn't want anyone to have to clean up after me. Seriously I had convinced myself that I was going to die today, or rather that I would be diagnosed to die today. Cancer doesn't run in my family, but I've never been one to follow the rules anyhow...I'd break that tradition. Some people get the honor of being the first in the family to graduate high school or college. I, on the other hand, was ready to take on being the first with cancer. I'm really setting my sights high.

No cancer for me today; I'll pass thanks. Tomorrow may be another story. Something is wrong with me, I tell you. I feel it. If my intuition is this precise, that would be something - but this is a really lame way to find out. And if it's not intuition, I'm just really lame. Loser.

No comments: