Saturday, January 31, 2009

Release me...

Release Me

Release me from this day of dread
Release me from the day ahead
I fear not for I've nothing left to give
In me is more, but not enough to live
I can see the water rising and it calls to me
Beckons me even closer, and to hide with thee
Inside me dwells a life of pain
Which longs to love and be retained
I've travelled this path too long already
My heart means well, but my hand unsteady
The tide surges up and sneaks back away
Please take me too, far far away
I fall, I bleed, I cry alone
Can these be the seeds I've sown?
How can it be for these are dead
Dying quietly under the tread

Nothing to show but lies on my face
A mind full of memories but without a place
Take all I have, for it is already gone
A sorry tale yes, but they will move on
Sweep me under the great mighty sea
Show me love and light and please
Take my hand and hold it tight
For touch alone casts away my fright

Help me feel the wind again
let it heal and rush past, and send
anything to me of trust and hope
A knot at the end of a life line rope
Let the rain wash down and cleanse this mind
Hold me close in a love of twine
Just close enough to feel its breath
And keep away the tempt of death
You do not need to save me, see
Just stand right here and help me be
Don't let me go, just hold on tight
don't give up on me, not tonight

Release me from this life of past
let's set sail and raise the mast
Take these burdens and let them go
let them drowned and sink below
Search me, know me, feel my soul
I long to be but in control
Help me escape and run like hell
Fast as we can up to the bell
Let it toll for us of honest hearts
Let it crack but not break apart
Let it have scars and stories too
But it will sing for me and you
It will sing a song of truth
Of burden, death and more to choose
Grasp on to that rope and we'll ring it loud
Release me please up to the clouds.

2 comments:

Want to make you mine... said...

It seems as if we share similar wishes tonight... though I don't know you, it's nice to know I'm not alone in this feeling.

Don't want to escape, just want someone special to stand next to me and to hold let me know that everything will be better.

It'd be nice to have a pet (be it puppy or pocket-sized dinosaur). Or as nicely put by you, someone to ring the singing bell with... keep moving forward : /

Anonymous said...

These pictures are beautiful.
I love this.